Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Week 2A

When I think about social media in general the very first site that comes to mind is, of course, Facebook.  Its like the hub of all of my personal social media activity.  Almost all of my friends and family are connected to my personal Facebook account and my friends primarily communicate through Facebook messenger rather than text.  Its easier to manage a group chat in messenger than group text with multiple phone types.  I do not often, however, find myself connecting to businesses on Facebook.  I primarily use Facebook for social groups and activities.  Very very rarely so I find or follow a business through Facebook.  On occasion, however, I will see that my friends have liked a business and I will go to their website.  I do not often visit their Facebook page.

When thinking about social media for business I generally think about social media sites that are highly visual.  Sites such as Instagram and Pinterest usually come to mind for me first.  I have found several blogs and businesses through Pinterest (lots of Etsy shops).  I've found even more businesses, companies and artists through Instagram.  Instagram is so highly visual it catches and keeps my attention for long periods of time.  I've found new makeup brands, tattoo artists, clothing brands, Etsy shops, designers, etc all through connections or simply browsing Instagram.

I think most of social media works well for personal use.  The only site that I've wondered about is Facebook.  I am not sure how successful it is currently for business.  I have used Facebook's "pages" option and run a couple of pages and it was difficult to build followers.  Much more difficult than it was on Instagram. 

2 comments:

  1. What you said about its much more difficult to build followers on Facebook than Instagram really opened my eyes. I actually never thought about it like that. It is so true. I really only follow one business page on Facebook but I follow a bunch of makeup brands or skincare brands on Instagram. I totally agree with what you said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about Facebook being a social media hub. From what I hear, it is expensive to advertise through Facebook in comparison to other sites. I agree that Instagram is very visual, along with Pinterest. They actually work well for business because of the same reasons they work well for personal use.

    ReplyDelete

Week 15 A

Google Analytics So my facebook page does not have enough likes to review the data.  Thats ok, its a pretend business anyway.  Instead I...