Sunday, March 4, 2018

Week 6A

This week I started a Facebook business page for a business I completely made up called LinkUp Social Media Consulting.  It has exactly 0 likes currently but I have high hopes for its pretend success.

Ok jokes aside, this experiment has already been a huge learning experience.  Despite having never owned a business before I have run "Pages" on facebook before and had no idea how to use the pages features.

Something to think about and that I'll be covering today in my post is reach vs engagement.  As part of my research on this topic I read this article linked below:

https://ymarketingmatters.com/interpreting-facebook-insights-reach-vs-engagement/

So we'll go piece by piece starting with reach.

Reach is how well your content is "getting out there".  Your pages reach shows how many people see your content and how well its getting out into people's newsfeeds.

Engagement goes beyond reach and is almost self explanatory.  Engagement shows how often your audience engagement with your content through likes, clicks, comments, etc.

NOTE: It is pointed out in the above article, and I think important to remember, that a wider reach may lower your engagement stats.

Facebook Insights allows you to keep track of your reach to see how well your posts are doing (and this will help you to keep track of how well your social media investments are doing as well).  Insights then allows you to track which types of posts illicit the most engagement from your audience.  Getting a good look at what type of content attracts your viewers is important.  So, for example, if polls don't get much engagement then don't bother!  But if videos are getting a ton of engagement focus your efforts there and on creating better quality videos for the future!

For the curious, this is my current social media project: https://www.facebook.com/LinkUp-Social-Media-Consulting-197192360866405/

Please give it a Like!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 15 A

Google Analytics So my facebook page does not have enough likes to review the data.  Thats ok, its a pretend business anyway.  Instead I...